EMRATM, MHERATM and ESTATM
CAPBT members are not just animal behaviourists and trainers. All our members apply their knowledge to a wide range of animal related services.
Whether you need a house sitter, dog walker or groomer; all CAPBT members have completed the full COAPE Diploma and will use the EMRA™/ MHERA™ and ESTA™ techniques to ensure your pet’s emotional wellbeing.
MHERA™ is an approach developed by COAPE International that provides a practical assessment framework which allows the behaviourist to accurately evaluate the impact of the animal’s mood, emotions and cognitive bias as contributing factors in behaviour problems. It is based on the latest scientific research into animal emotionality, and is a fluid assessment tool that is used alongside COAPE’s treatment protocol ESTA™
MHERA stands for Mood state assessment, Hedonic budget evaluation, Emotionality and Reinforcement Analysis, and looks at how:
- An animal’s personality and mood influences his behaviour overall.
- Emotional experiences affect decisions and behaviours in the short-term.
- Species-specific and individual needs influence mood and behaviour.
- Internal and external factors can contribute to the ongoing occurrence of behaviour problems.
* The fifth Tenet (cognitive bias) forms part of the Mood State Assessment.